Who are the Knights?
The Knights of Columbus is the world’s largest Catholic family fraternal service organization with 1.7 million members. It provides members and their families with volunteer opportunities in service to the Catholic Church, their communities, families and young people.
Here at Holy Spirit the Knights are involved in many parish and city activities. Some raise funds for worthy projects in the parish, some promote your spiritual growth, some serve our parish and community, and some are just for fun and fellowship. The Holy Spirit Knights are the backbone of our parish life. If you want to joing other men in making Holy Spirit a great place to worship, learn, and grow the KCs are for you.
As a member of the Knights of Columbus you and your family enjoy many benefits, including 12 free issues annually of the Columbia magazine, the world’s largest Catholic family magazine, eligibility to join the Knights of Columbus top-ranked life insurance program, and many more family and personal benefits.
Another benefit is our scholarship program. If your son or daughter is attending a Catholic college or university you may be eligible to receive one. The scholarship program is administered by the Supreme council. You can find information about the program here.
The Minnesota state organization runs a student loan program for those pursuing a post-secondary education. Information about that program is available on the state’s student loan page.
Why Join The Holy Spirit Knights?
The Top Ten Reasons to Join
- Jesus was a carpenter. Every now and again, he likes to see every man take a crack at his old job.
- Cool hats, and all the Christmas tree ornaments you can hang.
- Because the council chaplain really IS “The Man” around here.
- It’s a great way for a couch potato to participate in a 10K run.
- It’s the only place where the phrase “sweat equity” takes on a spiritual connotation.
- Because the smell of pancakes and sausage cooking on a Sunday morning really can be a religious experience.
- Where else can you sing off key at the top of your lungs and get thanked for it?
- Tootsie rolls – they’re not just for breakfast anymore…
- Who else puts the “soup” in “Super Bowl”?And the Number One reason to consider joining the Holy Spirit Knights of Columbus…
- Christ lives in your fellow man. Come work alongside him for awhile and see.
Looking for new members? Try these flyers!
How to Join
The only requirement for joining the Knights is that you be a practicing Catholic man at least 18 years old. Dues is currently $30.00 per year and gets you access to the benefits above and the opportunity to help in and enjoy our many projects.
If you are interested in joining our council contact our membership director, GK Bou Gazley, at email@example.com. If you can’t reach Bou, any Knight at Holy Spirit would be more than happy to answer your questions and get you the membership forms. If you are new to the parish and don’t think you know any Knights try contacting a council officer. The membership form (Form #100) is available in the Knights mailbox in the parish office.